Discover the power of water with this unique hydro-mechanical robotic kit by OWI. Fun and education in one!
This is a satisfying building kit that puts your child in total command with visual and manual lever manipulation. No battery or motor required. It’s uniquely powered by water.
With 229 assembly parts, it seems daunting at first, but the instructions are quite clear with detailed graphic illustrations. While it is geared toward ages 10 and up, young children may need a little assistance from an adult.
The arm has six movements. It can pick up, move and release small items such as block. Plus it has a suction device that can maneuver larger objects. It may take your child some time to master the coordination of managing the arm movements, but that’s what makes it fun!
Features & Pieces:
- 229 pieces
- Clear step-by-step instructions
- No batteries needed
- Powered by water
- Arm has six axes of movement with lever controls
- Gripper opens & closes up to 1.89”
- Wrist rotation of 180 degrees
- Wrist mobility of 98 degrees
- Elbow range of 44 degrees
- Base rotation of 270 degrees
- Shoulder motion of 45 degrees.
- Vertical reach of 16.35”; horizontal reach of 12.42”
- Attachable suction apparatus that vacuums up objects
- Braking system executes commands with accuracy
This kit teaches, encourages & supports:
- Physical Development
- Cognitive Learning
- Exploration & Discovery
- Sensory Awareness
- Develops fine motor skills & hand dexterity
- Teaches how to follow detailed instructions
- Utilizes STEM learning principles
- Provides a sense of accomplishment
- Encourages an interest in science
- Dr Toys 100 Best Winner
- Creative Child Magazine Top Toy of the Year 2016
- Time to Play Magazine Most Wanted Holiday 2016
WARNING: Choking Hazard. Small parts are not suitable for children under three years of age.