Discover the science of living things found right in your own home! The Kids First Biology Lab guides young scientists through simple and fascinating explorations of biological specimens such as onion cells, mouth cells, hair, fur, meat cells, dust mites, bugs, chloroplasts, pollen and more.
Learn how to use scientists' tools to prepare slides and how to use the microscope to examine them. Understand how the tiny lenses in a microscope bend light and magnify images. See how an onion cell shrivels and how an earthworm wiggles. Analyze the differences between the hair on your head and the sheep’s hair in your wool sweater.
Features & Pieces:
- A fully equipped microscope with an eyepiece & three objective lenses
- Adjustable magnification power of 96x-750x
- Microscope has a battery-powered light (requires 2 AA batteries, not included)
- Three prepared specimens on a slide
- Four blank slides
- Special tools for dissection (tweezers, needle, slicing tool, pipette, replacement bulb & more)
- Eleven enlightening experiments
- 32-page, full color illustrated guide with lessons
- Made of strong, durable materials
- Additional items may be needed for some experiments: 2 1.5-volt batteries (LR6/AA/penlight), water glass, plate, teaspoon, paper towels, white paper, newspaper, razor blade, fabric tape, permanent marker, cotton swabs, polystyrene foam pieces, string, small plastic bags, pocket knife, plastic bag with gravel or sand, wine cork, desk lamp
This kit teaches, encourages & supports:
- Physical Development (Fine Motor Skills)
- Cognitive Learning
- Exploration & Discovery
- Teaches how to prepare slides, use a microscope
- Stimulates interest in scientific exploration
- Develops manual dexterity through hands-on learning
- Supports following & understanding directions
- Academic's Choice Brain Toy Award Winner
Warning: Small pieces present a choking hazard. Not suitable for children under 3 years of age.